Wednesday, September 1, 2010

let's start at the very beginning

What's in a name? Minorbird.

For those of you who know me personally, I was born Leigh Ann Minor. Apparently, as a child, I was very chatty. And for those of you who know me, not much has changed! So, at some point in early childhood, a family friend, Mike Bloom, gave me the nickname Minorbird.

It stuck.

There were also two popular variations on the name - Leighbird and Leesybird but neither of those seemed like they could fly as a business name so I went back to the original. Since I couldn't stay a Minor forever, it seemed fitting to find a way to carry the name forward, not to mention how much fun we could have with the birds!

So there you have it, the answer to what seems to be one of the most burning questions!

1 comment:

  1. The site looks so beautiful Leigh! Can't wait to bring my watercolor journaling class in this morning so they can see and sketch all your wonderful things.

    ReplyDelete