Sunday, March 20, 2011

Grand Opening

Okay, so the store has been open for five months now - can you believe it? I can't. I figured it was high time I do an official grand opening so it can be, you know, official.



About two months ago I got wind that Downtown Milford was planning a Pub Crawl for St. Patty's Day. I was so excited that I interrupted our board meeting to ask for more details! After thinking about it for like a minute I thought it might be fun to do my grand opening the same day as the pub crawl. So, arrangements made, food ordered, radio station booked - we're set! Never mind that it might be a horrible idea. People stumbling in just to drink, not sure that they have even entered a store, or worse, already drunk, spilling on the merchandise. My only visitors could be freshly 21, no job and living at home, certainly not a customer looking to order furniture. And honestly, is a pub crawl really a retail event?

 Too late. Already booked. Now what?

As usual, I find myself worrying about the details about two days before I have to pull this whole grand opening thing off. In typical me fashion, it all worked out, but not without lots of last minute help from friends and family (thank you!!!). All in all, my worries instantly vanished. It was fantastic! People were in a great mood, eating and drinking and shopping. Petch from Eagle 97.7 kept it lively, not to mention the green shirts that were everywhere (thank you Pub Crawl).

Everyone will be able to see the "official" grand opening photos in the paper, but I think the "behind the scenes" shots are far more fun. Enjoy!


The official shot? Maybe. We'll have to see what they decide to print...


Please take note of all facial expressions. This is how a ribbon cutting really goes down. 



I can understand how much fun a giant pair of scissors might be.




Local Leprechaun enjoying some the food and our lovely Sara getting "checked off" for the Pub Crawl.



A great time was had by all. Many many thanks to Fenwick Wine Cellars and our very own Abbott's Grill for the fantastic food! Sales were great and we had a good time doing it!

And now, it's official. Minorbird is open.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for allowing me to hold this month's Watercolor Journaling Session at Minorbird! Everyone had such a good time. Can't wait to see the photos you took.

    And...the blog is delightful! Your writing style is so engaging and fun. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete