Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Littlest

One day post birthday party. 

The newly crowned 9-year-old tucked herself away in my room to sing as loud as humanly possible on her new Soulo karaoke microphone. 

She loves loves loves to sing. 
And short of buying a drum set, I'm not sure I did myself any favors with this gift choice. 




I attempt to record the happenings of a 9-year-old before eye rolls and audible sighs roll in.



But the littlest little brother decides to roll in first. 


I am distracted from the vocal artist singing a very stylized version of Take Me Out to The Ballgame.
That is his way. And it works. Almost every time.  

She doesn't really even notice him.
He tries to join her in a song or two and she is is generous enough to make him happy. 
But not too generous.

At this point we have attempted everything from Amazing Grace to Super Freak, Britney to Dixie Chicks, and an exhausting run of Jingle Bells. 

So much for not buying a drum set. 



No comments:

Post a Comment