Friday, April 15, 2011

Family Jewels

Around here at the store, we are always getting ready for the next holiday, event, sale, etc. The list of things to do seems endless!

Mother's Day is sort of the next gift giving occasion on the calendar.

Yes, I know Easter is next week. But guess what? Mother's Day is a whole two weeks after that!
(Sunday, May 8)

There's a lot to choose from, both here at Minorbird, and all through Downtown Milford.

 I'm going to throw out one of my favorite-favorite things here just to get your mom on your mind.


La Vie Parisienne

One of my favorite jewelry lines of all time.

I ended up carrying the line in the store because so many people asked me where I got my earrings.

I wear their champagne colored crystal stud earring almost every day. It's all noticeable enough to wear formally but vintage enough to wear with jeans and a t-shirt.

All the designs are original from France from 1880 to 1920 and made with Swarovski crystals.



We've been carrying the line since December or so and it has proven to be super popular with all ages. You might buy a pair for your mom and end up "borrowing" them for an extended period!


Wait wait, that's not all. Some of us moms are young. And have young kids. So.....


Figs and Ginger


Super-cute husband and wife owned company.
Meet Elijah and Rondha, and their pink camper!

They make the nesting necklaces (in the picture above) that are just SO sweet.

Made by hand, each piece is sterling silver, with at least 50% of it recycled, and then the necklaces are given a blackened patina.

AND...baby birds can be added for each new addition to your nest!


While we may never have anything that the man in your life is just dying to buy, I think we might have a thing or two in the mix that the ladies tend to like. Happy Mother's Day from us to you!


1 comment:

  1. I adore my Figs and Ginger necklace from my family. It helps me feel close to them, when we aren't. Plus, it is so cool!.

    ReplyDelete