Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Garden for Plant Killers

Today I was feeling particularly garden-y.
Probably because I was thinking about Mother's Day.

I haven't figured out what I'm doing with or giving to my mom yet.
If you are like me, you can now feel better about yourself. You are not alone.

There is something about Mother's Day that puts me in the mood for a garden.
There is also something about Mother's Day that puts me in the mood for food that tastes like cake.
Who am I kidding?
I am ALWAYS in the mood for food that tastes like cake!



Enter: Cornbread from Saturday night's dinner. 
Or Sunday morning's breakfast for my daughter. 

Whichever. 


Enter: The daughter who ate all the cornbread.
And the daughter who made me a mother for the first time.
Love her!

Back to the garden.
Actually, the non-garden for those of us who are watering challenged.
The well-known secret is that I kill all plants that require more than the most minimal attention possible.



Boxwood.
You spray them with water once a month!
Even I can handle that. 




I bought this line of table linens, Couleur Nature, at the suggestion of one of my favorite people, Claudia.
She said I would love them.
She was SO right!



Obvious good choice for someone like me.
Instant garden. Instant good mood.
No watering required!



Okay, so I strayed to the beach. 
I couldn't help it!
Love the beach. 
It has lots of water already there. 





This lamp does not need to be watered.


Enter: Blog Math
Mother's Day =  Food That Tastes Like Cake + Garden -- the Water.


If I come up with some fantastic idea that completely encompasses the sacrifice and life-long unconditional love that is being a mother, I'll let you know!

If I come up short, I probably won't mention it. 


Today, more than ever before, I know how special it is to have the opportunity to be a mother. 

Mother. Sister. Daughter. 
Love you J. 



No comments:

Post a Comment